Monday, February 5, 2007

thoughts during process




Glass Glass and more glass is all I keep thinking about since I came up with the idea. I'm still working though and asking myself those questions we're programmed to question as artists. What do the materials im using refrence? What are the elements of trees and how do they correspond with glass liquor bottles? What is associated with trees and those bottles separately and together? How do I want the tree to look? How will it be lit? Where is the space most appropriate for this installation? Will I be able to construct the piece in its temporary residence or am I going to have to try to build it in the studio and move it hoping it wont break on the way. aaahh lots and lots to think about. One thing at a time. Thats the way you gotta do it. The Mission was cool enough to let me collect bottles from them. I have 2 cases of various beer bottles. I need to rinse them soon before they stink.

No comments: