Monday, February 19, 2007

Update on process



After talking to a few experts it has gone through my thick head that I really do need to build a really strong armature for these glass trees. I went to good ol Home Depot and bought several pieces of wood and chicken wire. No I'm not building a chicken coop. I'm going to have to do some math and figure out how to drill and glue the pieces together into a strong skeleton. In order to get organic winding looking trees, I'm going to have to wrap them in chicken wire and attach pieces of glass to it that way. I might have to drill holes in some of the pieces and hang them from the branches. I'm not too familiar with the woodshop but before I go down there I'm going to have to draw exactly what I need on each of the pieces to make it easier for the poor person who has to help me. I don't like having to ask for help but I sure need it. I've used some equipment in there before and an extremely patient and generous woman helped me. I forgot her name but I really appreciated her help. Thats all I got for now....

No comments: